1. an order establishing a specific time in the evening after which certain regulations apply, especially that no civilians or other specified group of unauthorized persons may be outdoors or that places of public assembly must be closed.
2. a regulation requiring a person to be home at a certain prescribed time, as imposed by a parent on a child.
3. the time at which a daily curfew starts.
4. the period during which a curfew is in effect.
5. a signal, usually made with a bell, announcing the start of the time of restrictions under a curfew.
Here’s a weird story. When I was a kid, I thought that having a curfew was cool. I remember everyone talking about what time they had to sleep. I was always like “I sleep whenever I want”. I’m the youngest in my family and my mom wasn’t very strict about bedtime. It was fine with my mother just as long as I wasn’t out late and I finished my homework/ate dinner. At some point I talked to my mom about having a curfew and decided that I should have one. I was such an IDIOT! Who sets rules for themselves? Anyways, I made it so that I cannot stay up later than 10pm. Now of course my curfew is all about what time I have to be home.
Did anyone else have a curfew, whether it was set by your parents or yourself?